The Basilicata region is not visited by accident, the visitor chooses to stay here, to live a different experience, to discover places where silence, colors, scents offer unique sensations. It is a small country, often unknown to the Italians themselves. Forget modernity, the hustle and bustle of big cities, and immerse Yourself in a slow relaxing atmosphere, almost unusual for current times.
Thanks to its size, You will visit the Basilicata region with the convenience of staying 5 nights in the wonderful Matera, UNESCO World Heritage Site, at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel. This 4 star hotel is located at only 5 minutes from the “Sassi”, the old town of Matera, and is surronded by green hills and parks, on 50.000 sqm of grounds. Its wellness centre, indoor and outdoor pools, the restaurant and bar allow to have a comfortable and delightful stay. Together with Your local private guide You will discover the enchanting Matera made of peasant houses carved into the rock and remained true over time.
You will explore the two coasts of Basilicata, the Tyrrhenian one where You can visit Maratea, named “the town of 44 churches”, and the Ionian one with the famous sites of Metaponto and Policoro, known for their wide sandy beaches, for the surrounding eucalyptus and pine trees, for the archaeological parks with the ruins of Greek temples.
You will have the possibility to visit also the still little explored area of Mount Vulture, covered by forests and with small villages. Here the beauty of nature combines with the history back to the Medieval, Norman, Swabian times as You can learn visiting the town of Venosa and the Castles of Melfi and Lagopesole.
Although this tour is short we are sure You will be enchanted by this unknown region.
The rate includes
- 5 Overnights at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel 4* on bed & breakfast basis;
- Free entrance to the hotel wellness centre with SPA, indoor and outdoor pools, gym (treatments not included);
- Private transfers and coach service as in the program;
- Assistant during the whole tour;
- Private full day visit of Matera with a local guide (6 hours);
- Private full day tour to Maratea, Policolo, Metaponto with a local guide (8 hours);
- Private full day tour to Vulture Mount area & Venosa (8 hours);
- Entrance fees to the archaeological park and museum of Policoro;
- Entrance fees to the archaeological park of Metaponto;
- Entrance fees to the Castle of Lagopesole;
- Entrance fees to the Castle of Melfi;
- 1 typical lunch in Matera at the restaurant “La Talpa” (or similar), drinks included;
- Accommodations and meals for the driver and the assistant.
The rate does not include
- Hotel city tax to be paid on spot;
- Single supplement (€ 280);
- Tips to driver, assistant and guides;
- Lunches and dinners (except for the one in Matera);
- Coach ZTL taxes & parking;
- All items not specified in the chapter “the rate include”.
Day 1: Bari - Matera
Day 2: Matera
Day 3: Matera - Maratea - Policoro - Metaponto - Matera
Day 4: Matera
Day 5: Matera - Venosa - Melfi - Monticchio - Matera
Day 6: Departure