Natural excursions in Southern Sardinia
Sardinia is well-known as a paradise in the heart of the Mediterranean. By joining our tour You will discover the beauty of the island, with its sunny coasts and its white and sandy beaches but also lots of interesting archaeological and natural sites.
The tour starts from Cagliari, the main city of Sardinia, located on the Gulf of the Angels. Walking throught the narrow streets of the old town centre, full of noble palaces, monuments and churches, but also images, faces and smells of daily life. Enjoy a day trip to the village of Sadali, located on the edge of the “Taccu di Sadali”, a large calcareous plateau. The “Is Janas” Caves must be visited before heading to Iglesias, which lies at the foot of the Marganai mountains, in south-western Sardinia. The town has ancient origins back to the Nuragic period and is well-known for its several churches.
The tour continues into Piscinas area, one of the wonders of Sardinia. Depart on a full day guided excursion to the mining complex of Montevecchio and to the Piscinas sandy dunes. You will have the opportunity to spend a night at Capo Spartivento Lighthouse, on the southernmost tip of Sardinia. Still working, it has been turned into luxury Guesthouse.
On the way back to Cagliari, You will explore Chia seaside area, known for its white sand and for its crystalline waters. Take time to admire the wonderful landscape! Another must see place is the archaeological site of Nora, of Punic origins, considered the most ancient village of Sardinia.
The rate includes
- 5 Overnights in 4 star hotels on bed & breakfast basis;
- 1 Overnight at the Lighthouse Capo Spartivento on half board basis (breakfast & dinner, drinks excluded);
- Private transfers and coach service as in the program;
- Walking tour of Cagliari (3 hours);
- Visit of the Is Janas Caves (1 hour);
- Tour to Montevecchio and Piscinas dunes (8 hours);
- Visit of Nora archaeological park (1 hour);
- Local guides during the above visits.
The rate does not include
- City taxes to be paid at the hotels;
- Single supplement (on request);
- Tips to driver and guides;
- Lunches and dinners (except for the one at Lighthouse Capo Spartivento);
- Coach ZTL taxes & parking;
- Assistant during the whole tour (price on request);
- All items not specified in the chapter “the rate include”.
Day 1: Cagliari
Day 2: Cagliari
Day 3: Cagliari - Sadali - Is Janas Caves - Iglesias
Day 4: Iglesias
Day 5: Iglesias - Piscinas - Montevecchio - Chia
Day 6: Chia - Nora - Cagliari
Day 7: Departure