Rome and Frescina Farmhouse
Join us for an unforgettable journey that combines culture with history, enriched by many culinary specialties of different locations. You can also experience the relaxing peace and quiet that a farmhouse vacation provide.
Start by discovering the most important sights of the “Eternal City”: the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, with Bernini’s splendid Four Rivers Fountain; Piazza di Spagna, over which hovers the celebrated stairway (the Spanish Steps); Piazza del Popolo and its characteristic “twin” churches and the Colosseum (entrance included), that has become the iconographic symbol for the Capital. Rome is also a shopper’s paradise, You will have time for shopping through the trendiest and most exclusive boutiques of the city center.
The route then crosses Umbria region, known for its gastronomic jewels characterizing the whole territory. Drivingalong the “Strada del Sagrantino”, the land of Umbrian wines You will visit of an historic cellar and tasting of renowned red wine Sagrantino DOCG with local appetizers. Then continue to the medieval town of Perugia to discover its magnificent art and historic highlights. The city, of Etruscan origins, is rich in art and monuments, including its huge bastions, the 15th century Palace of the Old University, the Cathedral and Priors’ Palace. The lodging will be provided in a holiday farmhouse in Marche region, which is the ideal place for those who wish to enjoy a moment of relax and comfort surrounded by the Montefeltro hills. Included the entrance to the wellness centre and the pools. This quiet and peaceful resort is perfectly located and allows You to visit the nearby beautiful towns of Acqualagna, Gubbio and Urbino.
Depart on an excursion towards Acqualagna, a small village world known for the sweetness and the flavour of its truffles, absolutely worth tasting! After enjoying a typical lunch Your next stop will be the city of Urbino, a must for those who want to plan an in-depth cultural tour of Italy. An attractive hill-town famed for the Renaissance court of Federico da Montefeltro. The city center has UNESCO World Heritage status for representing “a pinnacle of Renaissance art and architecture”.
The tour ends in Gubbio, a picturesque town with well preserved medieval walls and monuments. There are plenty of Gothic style palaces and cathedrals, traditional in their designs and distinct rooftops. Most of these buildings were built in the 14th and 15th centuries and were originally inhabited by rich merchants.
The rate includes
- 3 Overnights in 3 star hotel in Rome on bed & breakfast basis;
- 3 Overnights at the Frescina Farmhouse on half board basis (drinks included);
- Private transfers and coach service as in the program;
- Private tour of Rome (3 hours) with an English speaking guide;
- Entrance tickets to the Colosseum;
- Visit of winery “Cantine Adanti” and wine tasting (6 wines) with local cheese in Sagrantino area;
- Visit of the truffle lab “Acqualagna Tartufi”, tasting of truffle & local products & typical lunch;
- Free use of the wellness centre at the Frescina Farmhouse including heated indoor pool, hydromassage, Kneipp bath, gym, sauna & one treatment of your choice (Barn, Cloud or Thalassotherm);
- Free use of 4 outdoor swimming pools at the Frescina Farmhouse(only in July and August).
The rate does not include
- Hotel city taxes to be paid on spot;
- Single supplement (€ 170 per person);
- Tips to driver and guides;
- Lunches and dinners not mentioned in the program;
- Coach ZTL taxes & parking;
- Assistant during the whole tour (price on request);
- All items not specified in the chapter “the rate include”.
Day 1: Rome
Day 2: Rome
Day 3: Rome - Perugia - Frescina Farmhouse
Day 4: Acqualagna - Urbino
Day 5: Gubbio
Day 6: Frescina Farmhouse - Rome
Day 7: Departure